Empowering the future changemakers of Australia together
We collaborate to:
- grow empathy
- inspire change
- do more
Founded in 2012, Kids in Philanthropy (KiP) has evolved to become one of Australia’s most talked about dynamic not for profit organisations. KiP engages, educates and empowers children and their families, with hands on experiences to help communities in need and make the world a better place.
By engaging children and their families in meaningful hands on experiences, KiP’s mission is to grow the culture of giving and change making in Australia. Through our programs, we aim to build social awareness, develop leadership skills and empathy, and provide the fundamentals of how to become a change maker.
We believe you do not have to be wealthy to be a philanthropist. We aim to show children and families that philanthropy, which means ‘a love of humanity’, is about strategic giving, whether of time, resources or money, for the greater good of mankind.
Since KiP’s introduction in 2012 we have:
- Engaged and inspired hundreds of families to hands on giving and help them make a difference
- Raised over $300k for causes selected by children and families of which $100k has been directed to youth homelessness
- Presented at the Nexus Global Youth Summit (2013 and 2016), Philanthropy Australia Conference (2014), Fundraising Institute of Australia Conference (2014) and Unleashed: Australia’s Summit for Young Change makers (2013 – 2016)
- Facilitated family workshops, experiential opportunities and educational programs focused on developing social awareness, social conscience and the practice of giving
- Instigated ‘Hangout for the Homeless’ in 2013 – Australia’s only family sleep-out
- Founded ‘Agents for Change’
- Introduced ‘Made with Love’ which provides home made meals, groceries and basic essentials to people living rough on the streets and other communities in need
- Collected goods and raised money for numerous organisations including; Youth Projects, St Kilda Mums, Ardoch Youth Foundation, Kids Under Cover, 100 Story Building, Very Special Kids, Access, Indigenous Literacy Foundation, Save The Children, Salvation Army, Whitelion, Lighthouse Foundation, Orange Sky Laundry, Eat Up Australia, Father Bobs, Boots for All, Helping Hoops, The Nappy Collective, FareShare, The Art Cabriolet, The Schools Project, and many more.